Updated August 10, 2018
We reserve the right to change this Policy. As a service to our users, we will post the date of the most recent updates to this policy at the top of the page.
If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that is incorrect, please contact us as described below and we shall correct or remove the data as you request as soon as is reasonably practicable.
What information is being collected?
We collect information about you that 1) you provide to us through forms and other mechanisms, 2) from third-party sources, and 3) through automated technologies tracking you use of our site.
Data You Provide To Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you may include:
- Registration information that you provide when you create an account with us, such as, but not limited to you, your first and last name and email address, postal address, social media handle and phone number;
- Other profile information, such as educational, employment and professional background, dietary and accessibility requirements, interests, preferred language and photographs;
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords, password hints and similar security information;
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card number; and/or
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including information that you send to customer support and messages, and other information that you wish us to share with our visitors, partners and others.
Data From Other Sources
We also may obtain personal information about you from our group companies and from other third parties, including:
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain products to your location;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities; and/or
- Publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
Data From Service Use
Our site may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the site, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, platform and other software installed on your device, unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data; and/or
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited on the Service.
Cookies are a way that information such as whether you have visited this site before is recorded on your computer and used by us to improve this site and the services available to you.
How We Use Your Information
Depending on how you interact with our site, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the website;
- Process and fulfill a request, order, download or other transaction;
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the site working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve our site and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customized content and other personalization to make the site more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the site and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the site and your interests;
- Provide you with promotional messages and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and third parties;
- Invite you to participate in surveys as well as sweepstakes, competitions and similar promotions;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Sharing of Your Information
We will not share your personal information with a third party except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services; and/or
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites.
- Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery, marketing and advertising, and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law;
We may share your personal information with our affiliates, joint venture partners and other third parties, including entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee or event manager, that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices in managing your communications preferences and other settings.
The site may let you post and share personal information, comments, materials and other content. Any such contributions you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexed by search engines, and might not be able to be removed. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
Legal Reasons for Disclosure
We will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- Detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
- Protect the rights, property or safety of Reed Exhibitions, our users, employees or others; and as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
Adjusting Your Communications Preferences
You can customize and manage your communications preferences and other settings when you register with the site, by updating your account features and preferences, by using the ‘opt-out’ or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the site whenever necessary.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
The site may allow registered users to directly access and review their account information and make corrections or updates at any time. Keeping such information up to date is solely the responsibility of the user. Registered users may also close their account directly through the site or by contacting the by contacting us at [email protected].
You may have the right under European and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to request free of charge:
- Access to and correction or deletion of your personal information;
- Restriction of our processing of your personal information, or to object to our processing; and/or
- Portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to run this site, fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
In accordance with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 or target the site to children under 13. By using this site, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age or that that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the site. If we become aware that personal date from users of less than 18 years of age has been collected, we deactivate the account and take reasonable steps to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us at [email protected].
We take precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Locations of Processing
Your personal information may be stored and processed in your region or another country where we and our service providers maintain servers and facilities, including the United States. We take steps, including through contracts, intended to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located in a manner consistent with the standards of protection required under applicable law.